Chichester Copywriter Good marketing starts with good words

Every Picture Tells a Story for Chichester Children

story_factory_logo-with-textIn 2014, local writers Katy Lassetter and Vicky Edwards saw the need for a children’s workshop that celebrates and encourages creative flair. The fifth ‘Story Factory Chichester’, with the umbrella theme of ‘Every Picture Tells a Story’, will take place on Friday 28 October at St Wilfrid’s Church Community Hall.

Fun and creative group sessions for children aged (approximately) 6-13; guest experts help youngsters to free their imaginations and to explore stories through words, art and music. Past guests include authors, publishers, illustrators, story massage practitioners, and newspaper editors. This time, artist and teacher Jessica Venables; and photographer and teacher Rachel Poulton will be joined by Story Factory’s much-loved resident musician Mike Fry.

The previous sell-out workshops were a hit with both parents and children. Tanya Hatton, mother of seven-year-old Charlotte who is a regular Story Factory Chichester attendee, says: “It’s a wonderful opportunity to bring together children with energy and imagination, as well as talented grownups, to generate a fabulous result!”

Eleven-year-old Wilf adds: “Story Factory is great fun; you have the chance to let your imagination run wild and write whatever you want. There are no rules and it feels really free. We all have a chance to share our ideas too, which is cool.”

Taking place at St Wilfrid’s Church Community Hall, Sherborne Road, Chichester (10.00-4.30), those who venture into the story factory can expect great things: “From the moment the children arrive they are bursting with ideas for stories – it’s like being at the centre of a what-if whirlwind… I think these events are so great,” Abi McMahon, Summersdale Publishers.

Sussex Arts Academy, a charity which aims to provide easier access to the very best in arts and cultural education for the benefit of young people across West Sussex, will support the event for a second time this year. Their Director of Operations, David Sword said: “Sussex Arts Academy is delighted to be supporting Story Factory Chichester. All children need access to good arts enrichment programmes and we fully endorse Story Factory’s inclusive approach.”

For further details and booking email Katy or call 01243 533421.

Vicky Edwards shows off Story Factory child's art

Photo by Rachel Poulton

This entry was posted in Chichester Copywriter News, Literature Events, Story Factory Chichester and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Every Picture Tells a Story for Chichester Children

1. Katie says:

Hi I am interested in bringing my daughter along to the story factory in October. Is there space and could I have some more information if possible. Many thanks

2. Karly Phillips says:

Please can I have more information! Many Thanks,
    Karly

3. katylassetter says:

Hi Katie,
    Sorry not to have replied sooner.
    I’ve just sent you an email with some more info on Story Factory Chichester. As it has a PDF attached, please check your junk mail as spam filters have a habit of hiding them in there, Let me know if you’d like any more info or a booking form.
    Kind regards, Katy

4. katylassetter says:

Hi Karly,
    I’ve sent you an email with some more info on Story Factory Chichester. As it has a PDF attached, please check your junk mail – spam filters have a habit of hiding them in there! Let me know if you’d like any more info or a booking form.
    Kind regards, Katy

5. Tricia Johnson says:

Hi,
    Colud you send me further information about the story factory event in October half-term. What day/days is it on, how much is it to book, are there still spaces.
    Thanks

6. katylassetter says:

Hi Tricia,

It’s on Friday 28 October and it’s £28 per child.

Most of the info is in the blog post but I’ll email you a flyer with a few more details – this might go into your junk mail if you have sensitive spam filters so do check there if you don’t see it in your inbox.

We’re down to our last few places so let me know if you’d like a booking form and I’ll reserve you a place.

Kind regards,

Katy

7. Joanne webb says:

Hi there Katy,

I’m a Chichester based artist with a pop shop / studio / shop in Arundel. I’m on twitter and someone has linked me to your event which is now being retweeted , which is how I discovered you. My paintings and artwork are very colourful and imaginative and all about storytelling. I would be keen to work with you in some way and wondered if I might be of interest to you. I have worked with all age groups and would be happy to be a guest artist or run a workshop alongside. Have a look at my website and if you would like to chat or meet up I am on 07543660185. I’m in my shop today. Hope to hear from you Joanne

8. Pingback: April’s Story Factory “Awfully Big AD-venture!” | Chichester Copywriter