Google’s Local Business Center is now called Google Places, linking Google’s Local Business Center and Place Pages as one service. Chichester Copywriter has a Google Places listing, do you have a listing for your business? It’s a must for Search Engine Optimisation.
Millions of people use Google every day to search for businesses and now through Google Places, new services have been developed to increase the presence of these businesses to the local search community.
The search engine giant launched Place Pages last September for more than 50 million places around the world to help people make more informed decisions about where to go and do business. Place Pages connects people to information from the best sources across the web, displaying photos, reviews and essential facts, as well as real-time updates and offers from business owners.
Four million businesses have already claimed their Place Page on Google through the Local Business Center, which enables them to verify and supplement their business information to include hours of operation, photos, videos, product offerings and more. Google Places will continue to offer these same tools, but the new name will simplify the connection with Place Pages and introduce several new features:
• Service areas: allows you to identify the geographic areas that your business covers and if you run a business without a storefront you can now make your address private.
• Enhanced business listings: particular cities, just in the US to start, will be able make their listings stand out in the listings with Tags for $25 per month.
• Free Business photo shoots: businesses from specified cities can request a free photo shoot of the interior of their business.
• Customised QR codes: businesses in the US can download a QR code that’s unique to their business, which can then be included on business cards and other marketing materials. When customers scan these with certain smartphones they will be directed to the mobile version of the Place Page for your business.
• Favourite Places: As part of Google’s Favourite Places program, 50,000 window decals will be sent to businesses around the US. These will include a QR code that can be scanned and used as explained above.
As one in five of Google searches have a local focus, Chichester Copywriter recognizes what an important marketing opportunity this is. If you would like a Google Places listing set up and search engine optimised by Chichester Copywriter then get in contact with email@example.com today.
You can view and write reviews on Chichester Copywriter’s Google Places listing here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?georestrict=input_srcid:e2015bd342cd6e8b&hl=en